We have been retained to hire a Service Writer as a part of an amazing growth opportunity. This position will be placed with an aggressively growing commercial tractor/trailer maintenance facility.
As a Service Writer, you will be responsible for ensuring that customers receive effective quality assistance. You will build relationships with all customers and demonstrate effective communication to always ensure that the customer's expectations are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all service writing, repair orders, estimates and maintenance tracking for the shop.
- Respond to all customer inquiries and coordinate needed equipment repairs.
- Assist all customers via phone, email and in person with a friendly outgoing attitude.
- Provide appropriate follow up to all customer needs and concerns.
- Effectively communicate with all technicians and shop workers on all work orders.
- Manage all parts inventories, billing and storage for ordered parts.
- Manage the customer invoicing, data entry and paperwork for all orders placed.
- Complete safety inspections and yard checks with Shop Manager.
- Provide excellent quality customer service and promote a teamwork mentality
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with parts management, invoicing and order writing.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience with transportation industry/ diesel service environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills; Ability to efficiently use Microsoft Office Suite and Company software.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, and otherwise get around indoor, outdoor, and other general work areas and equipment.
- Willing and able to work in outdoor type conditions, including inclement weather.
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent; Associates or Bachelors preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a service shop environment.
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year.
- No waiting period for Health Insurance benefits.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% company sponsored and employer IRA Match.
- Short Term Disability and Group Life Insurance policy: 100% company sponsored.
- Day Shift Hours.
- Opportunity to advance with an aggressively growing company.