General Manager - Truck Dealership
We have been retained to hire a General Manger. This position will be placed with an aggressively growing leasing and financing company. The General Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the dealership. Managing and attaining required business outcomes within areas of responsibility by ensuring the effectiveness in leadership and implementation of business plans. Overall financial and operational goals are accomplished personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversee general administration and compliance with corporate policies, administrative procedures and directives.
- Responsible for the overall personnel management and direction of the staff with the assistance of support staff.
- Support and carryout all tasks to ensure the overall goals of the company are met.
- Develop and maintain standards to maximize fixed operations efficiencies.
- Provide necessary support ensuring sales staff assigned to the facility are following procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Director of Maintenance to develop parts & service sales forecast and performance measures.
- Support the sales efforts of the new and used truck departments by moving vehicles efficiently through the shop exceeding customer expectations.
- Actively engage in fixed operation sales opportunities within the given territory and effectively drive the staff to fully support customers.
- Manage and provide direction to Parts & Service Managers including product support staff members.
- Coordinate required inventory stocking levels between Parts & Inventory Control Managers. Ensure that proper inventory controls are in place and adhered to.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring assigned locations performance against all manufacturer requirements and report deficiencies to the President of Impel Union, as necessary.
- Complete manufacturer reporting as required.
- Consistently manage vendor relationships.
- Continuously manage facility appearance and maintenance.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to ownership
- Review and approve assigned staff’s payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid Knowledge of all aspects of Heavy/Medium Duty Truck Retailing
- Significant experience managing commercial truck dealerships including sales, parts and service
- High Energy and the Ability to Lead, Motivate and Train Sales Teams
- Excellent Oral and Communication Skills
- An industry leading salary
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- IRA savings plan with company match
- Opportunity to advance with an aggressively growing company