Tractor & Trailer Mechanics
Tractor/Trailer Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on tractor and trailer units to Company and DOT standards. Mechanics complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety, and expediency at the forefront. Mechanics are the service provider as well as diagnostic technician and trouble shooter for Driver and Carrier clients by ensuring their needs are met through effective communication on all equipment repairs.
Mechanics work with management Drivers and Carrier clients to improve vehicle out of service standards and ensure compliance with DOT and Company requirements. Mechanics are also responsible for inventory controls and processing order paperwork. Mechanics are relied on daily to keep our fleet of trucks and trailers in top condition.
- Aluminum welding and light fabricating
- Brake inspections and repairs
- Preventative Maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical shorts and faults
- Service Air systems and brakes
- All service and repairs related to Tires, Wheel Seals, Suspension, Alignment and more
- Experience moving trailers in and out of shop a plus
- Reefer unit experience a plus
- The position requires a technical school certification or advanced degree in diesel engines, electronics, and/or related field, minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in medium to heavy duty truck repairs. The ability to demonstrate successful welding skills in non-standard situations and on varying materials is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required – Commercial Driving License preferred.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to make logical decisions in support of business demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively over the phone and face to face; building solid working relationships with team members, all Veriha employees and vendors.
- Use effective time management techniques and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi task without negatively impacting performance or results.
- Must be able to effectively and accurately complete detailed work with a sense of urgency; always keeping safety at the forefront and demonstrating safe operating procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and evaluate problems and situations and draw logical conclusions to make successful repairs.
- Computer skills, data accuracy, and a willingness to learn new software programs.
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
- Must be self-motivated and able and willing to work independently while motivating team efforts.
- Demonstrate diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Possess basic tools to perform duties.
- Day Shift Hours
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- IRA savings plan with company match
- Opportunity to advance with an aggressively growing company