We have been retained to hire a Accounting Associate. This position will be placed with an aggressively growing commercial tractor/trailer dealership.
- Perform accounting activities such as accounts payable/accounts receivable and other duties as assigned.
- Review, processes, and enter information into accounting systems and verify input.
- Process invoices, reports, journal entries and/or other office support functions.
- Analyze and audit operational data and resolve issues to ensure billing accuracy across multiple customer groups.
- Conduct account research and analysis to reconcile payment information. Possess working knowledge of customer specific requirements and processes that need to be followed when invoicing.
- Monitor A/R Aging report and initiate collection procedures on past due accounts; negotiate payment arrangements on delinquent accounts.
- Perform special projects and analyses to identify potential process improvements.
- Interact with various departments including but not limited to Operations, Accounting, Contracting, Accounts Receivable and IT to address issues related to revenue operation.
- Evaluate workflow processes, and continually looks at new ways to make work easier and more efficient.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Excel & QuickBooks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage, organize, and reconcile multiple sources of information with accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in transportation industry is preferred.
- An industry leading compensation package including salary + performance incentive paid weekly
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days of personal time off per year
- No waiting period for insurance benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision: 75% company paid
- Short Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance: 100% company paid
- IRA savings plan with company match
- Opportunity to advance with a strong and growing company