Flatbed Customer Service Representative
Carrier One continues to grow and we are looking for talented transportation pros to join our Customer Service team!
The Customer Service Representative will partner with both the Sales and Operations teams. They will lead and solicit business from a specific or assigned number of customers by using daily available capacity. The Customer Service Representative will serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all freight opportunities with Customers and be aware of the system wide balance/imbalance within the Carrier One network to book freight accordingly.
The key to this position is an outgoing, friendly, genial interaction with a wide range of people. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people, to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. This job requires great attentiveness to other people; the ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them.
A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. There will be a fair degree of variety from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several "pots on the fire" at once, therefore the job requires one to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency to keep everything going smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all customers within the geographic area or designated account(s).
- Solicit freight daily via phone, email, and TMS systems with all customers within your designated geographic or designated account(s)
- Accept freight from customers that meet the needs of the drivers and Carrier One
- Offer solutions and alternatives to customers to develop their business. This will help us become the customers first choice in selecting a carrier to haul for them.
- Communicate with the load builders to properly build the loads with the correct information and expectations from the customer.
- Ensure rates are up to date for load billing.
- Ensure customer profiles are up to date
- Work closely with Fleet Manager regarding load statuses
- Pre-book 80% of your area prior to leaving at the end of the day.
- Instruct load bookers as to your freight needs that are not already met from direct customers
- Work daily with sales to help develop customer lane flow and new revenue streams
- 1+ year of experience in the trucking industry
- Experience being involved in freight sales bidding process
- Data driven sales mentality
- Enjoys building relationships with customers
- Exhibits strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- McLeod experience is a plus, but not required.
- An industry leading salary
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days of personal time off per year
- No waiting period for insurance benefits
- Medical: 75% company paid
- Dental: 100% company paid
- Vision: 100% company paid
- IRA savings plan with company match
- Opportunity to advance with a strong and growing company