Business Development Representative
We are seeking a strong and energetic Business Development Representative that will partner with Sales and Operations to increase the generation of revenue from an existing portfolio of customers by assessing both asset and third-party based network capabilities.This role will serve as an extension of Sales and will successfully build upon an established set of relationships, develop new relationships and explore all freight and logistics opportunities.
The most successful Business Development Representatives will be aware of system-wide balances/imbalances, understand the customer’s direct challenges and opportunities and be able to supply win/win solutions that deliver upon strategic growth, revenue and profit objectives. You will be the face of the organization that not only fosters current relationships, but also creates new and effortless long-term connections.
If your key competencies include being outgoing, detail-oriented, captivating and engaging, then we want you! Only those who have a keen ability to communicate with a variety of decision makers and influencers will excel as a Business Development Representative. In this job you will need to connect with people quickly, establish rapport from the first interaction and communicate effectively to drive performance. A high-degree of EQ (Emotional Intelligence) is a must in order to recognize emotions, discern situations and use this information to make ethical and business-appropriate decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage customers, service performance and deliver positive and “competitively differentiated” experiences within the geographic area and/or assigned account(s).
- Sell products and services to obtain freight daily and strategically via phone, email, and TMS systems within your geographic and/or designated account(s).
- Solicit freight from customers which meet the needs of Carrier One and our Driver-Partners.
- Offer solutions which uncover value for customers to help them perform better.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to properly establish credit, build, monitor and bill on loads with information that matches customer expectations with operational capabilities.
- Price and Administer rates which grow market share, support operational execution/driver settlements and accurately capture agreed “terms of sale” for efficient invoice collections.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) administration to ensure profiles are updated and accurate.
- Pre-book 80% of the trucks within your geographic area and/or assigned account(s) the day prior to pick-up from shipper.
- Coordinate with Operations to align and acquire freight needs not being met with direct customers.
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations around “Market Needs” to develop freight lanes and revenue streams to improve productivity.
- 2+ years’ experience in transportation, logistics, distribution or related field
- Knowledge of transportation and/or supply chain sales, pricing and related commercial processes
- Data-driven, evidence-based, revenue-driving mentality
- Relationship-focused to both external customers and internal partners
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- McLeod Software usage and experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Industry leading salary
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- No waiting period for Insurance benefits