We are actively seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. You will support the Human Resources Director and help facilitate daily HR functions including administering benefits, helping with payroll, recruiting and maintaining employee files.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. This person will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR software and tools along with having a strong understanding of general HR concepts.
Ultimately, we are seeking an all around go-getter with a passion for HR and the drive to take your skillset to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide HR assistance as needed.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves of absence, etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met.
- Perform orientations, collect new hire paperwork to ensure all required paperwork is completed accurately and filed appropriately.
- Coordinate Benefits administration and maintenance for employees through our benefits system.
- Process all off-boarding activities for employee departures and process COBRA documentation.
- Assist in the weekly Payroll review process.
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, screening applicants, and coordinating interviews.
- Provide support for all ad-hoc HR projects, including the collection of employee feedback and performance management documentation.
- Assist with the coordination of employee events and culture initiatives.
- Support other areas of the HR Department as assigned.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Knowledge of human resources processes, compliance and best practices.
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
- Experience with HR databases, HRIS systems and ATS software (ADP experience preferred).
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field
- PHR/SHRM-CP Preferred.
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year.
- No waiting period for Health Insurance benefits.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% company sponsored and employer IRA Match.
- Short Term Disability and Group Life Insurance policy: 100% company sponsored.
- Fun company culture and casual dress.
Carrier One is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.