Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative will partner with both the Sales and Operations teams. They will help the Customer Service team who solicits business from specific or assigned groups of customers. The Customer Service Representative will serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all freight opportunities with Customers and be aware of the system wide balance/imbalance within the network to book freight accordingly.
The key to this position is an outgoing, friendly, genial interaction with a wide range of people. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people, to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. This job requires great attentiveness to other people; the ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them.
A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. There will be a fair degree of variety from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several "pots on the fire" at once, therefore the job requires one to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency to keep everything going smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively partners with Load Planning and Operations teams to avoid driver downtime and customer issues.
- Communicate with load builders to properly build the loads with the correct information and expectations from the customer.
- Ensure the rates within the customer profile are up to date for load billing.
- Ensure the customer profiles\location profiles are accurate and updated with contact information, customer instructions.
- Effectively communicate load issues internally and externally with the customer. Over communication is essential to our success.
- Review all customer accounts with Customer Service Manager on an ongoing basis to evaluate and suggest areas of improvement.
- 1-3 years of experience in trucking operations
- Data driven sales mentality/ Strong attention to details
- Enjoys building relationships with customers and reports
- Exhibits strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Flatbed industry experience is preferred
- McLeod experience is preferred
- Associates/Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- No waiting period for Health Insurance benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% company sponsored and employer IRA Match
- Short Term Disability and Group Life Insurance policy: 100% company sponsored
- Fun company culture and casual dress
Carrier One is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.