Flatbed Fleet Manager
Carrier One continues to grow and we are looking for a talented transportation operations pro to join our Fleet Management team!
The Fleet Manager is responsible for but not limited to working with contractor drivers to provide high quality of service and operational effectiveness. The Fleet Manager will coordinate drivers, performance, training and service needs of an assigned fleet of drivers. We cap our Fleet Managers at no more than 30 drivers to assure the highest level of support to our contractors and internal staff.
This position will need to motivate and retain drivers in accordance with company and department quality, utilization and profit objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages their fleet of assigned drivers productivity using critical performance indicators.
- Tracks out-of-service percentages, miles per month per truck, driver turnover percentages, revenue per truck per week, out-of-route miles, and service failures.
- Meets load requirements.
- Assumes ownership for each load from the point of dispatch to the point of delivery.
- Dispatches complete and accurate load information at all times.
- Manages the personal, training, and service needs of an assigned fleet of drivers.
- Communicates fleet needs with internal partners.
- Notifies Customer Service and Planners if assistance is necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Communicates with internal partners when there are changes to a load.
- 1+ years experience in asset based transportation
- Applicant must possess effective communication skills
- Have good analytical aptitude
- Understand the mechanical requirements of the trucking industry
- Be detail oriented and possess good organizational skills.
- Experience with McLeod dispatch software
- Working knowledge of the flatbed industry
- Previous driver management experience
- An industry leading compensation package including salary + monthly bonus opportunities
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays + 15 days of personal time off per year
- No waiting period for insurance benefits
- Medical: 75% company paid
- Dental: 100% company paid
- Vision: 100% company paid
- IRA savings plan with company match
- Opportunity to advance with a strong and growing company